Thursday, April 10, 2014

Greed and Arrogance In Modern Times

We are dealing with an epidemic these days, and I'll tell you about it shortly.....



I often find myself quoting the same things to others, on a daily basis. Someone will ask me, "How are you Joseph!". It never fails, like the setting and rising of the sun, that I will answer, "No complaints", and on occasion I will add "I'm still walk'n, talk'n and breath'n, still have a chance to get it right." I'm always striving to be content....

 It is my mentality, my belief, that which is tied firmly around my heart. I choose not give up, not to forget and never to complain. Give up what you ask? Give up trying! Forget what you inquire? Not to forget how blessed I am! Complain about who or what you demand? I choose not to complain about anything, because complaining is never ever to be done by a Muslim, and it gets you absolutely nowhere! God says in a saying relayed to us by Muhammad ibn Abdullah (May Gods peace and blessings be upon him!), God says, "Mankind complains / protest about the changes that happen within life, and yet I am time, and in my hands is time..." What a beautiful thing! God is in control of everything that happens, so deal with it! (note that this is for the one that is striving to believe in God correctly and worship Him the way that He has asked us to do so. Humanity is given free will, and God will allow you to go off the deep end or to get caught up in a lifestyle that is not good. In this case, it is your own doing, and it is the allowing of it by God that makes it "from God". When we believe in God or turn to God, like He has asked us to do, and in the manner He has asked us to do so, He will test us and do what is best for us. In this case, one should not complain to God at all! In the other case, you can complain, but complain to yourself about yourself, so that you may fix it!)

What is the epidemic that I speak of with such disgust, and a faint hint of distress? Its a warning, warning you and myself that things are not what they seem and people are not what they claim to be. There is no morality, sense of responsibility to ones self or ones duties to humanity! Their is no care or compassion, sincere care or compassion, for family and loved ones. There is only greed and arrogance these days. People are not guided by divine wisdom and revelation; they are guided by their inward desires. Things like power, money, control and reputation are what tug at people these days, as they have done in the days before, but today it's on a level like never seen before. Todays desires are fed and fueled at every corner, with every cartoon, commercial, billboard, etc. Don't believe me, just look at the car commercials! What does a sexy lady have to do with a cadillac? And she is saying "drive me!"???

If you ask me why I chose to become a Muslim, I will probably give you a summation of the beliefs and the conviction in my heart that it is the true and correct way to believe, but the fact of the matter is that I found all of that and more! I found morality, care and compassion for family and others, a system to help me quell my evil desire for money, power and to be greedy. A system that provides the tools and equipment to remove and keep gone arrogance from ones heart! A system of justice! A system of fairness, compassion, wisdom and guidance! "And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to God].. 2:45"

As a salesman by profession, I know human nature on many fronts. God (Allah in the arabic bible and arabic language) has created us all different, that is true, but much is the same for all of us. We have some traits and characteristics that can only be dealt with, refined, or put at bay by a system that can only be designed by the one who designed us. People don't always want the same thing. One person may prefer his cookies light and another dark. One person may understand, while another doesn't care to even try. This is why I am one of the ones who gets it! I get it! I get Islam and get the rules, prohibitions, guidance, etc. When God tells me that "they will not stop hating you and scheming against you until you believe as them", I get it. When I'm out in the world breaking my neck to look at a fine woman, and I sense myself desiring to be intimate with the opposite sex (all of which happens in a split second, from beginning to end; look, like, lust, dream), I get it. God said in the Quran "women, cover yourselves, less you be molested!" He knew that men have a sex drive like an animal and that many would not fight it and would quench it, in a holly or allowable fashion, so he told women to cover! Personally, I think those who don't get it, well, they get it. They may not admit it, but they get it. Again, as I have said in previous post, "does this sound like it is from Satan?" I didn't think so! This system is so beautiful and so true, and if we follow it, we would not see %90 of the problems we see in the world, and that includes the Muslim lands as well. Unfortunately, human beings, no matter what religion they claim, stick more to culture than divine guidance and revelation.

Why all of this ranting? Well to be honest, I'm venting, not complaining. I have recently had an experience with a non-Muslim family member. He claims to love me, but God said in the Quran, ["You are the ones who love them but they love you not, and you believe in all the Scriptures [i.e. you believe in the Tawraat (Torah & Moses) and the Injeel (Gospel & Jesus), while they disbelieve in your Book, the Qur’aan (and Muhammad) (Peace be upon him).]. 
AND
[.... But when they are alone, they bite the tips of their fingers at you in rage. Say: ‘Perish in your rage. Certainly, Allaah knows what is in the breasts (all the secrets).’120. If a good befalls you, it grieves them, but if some evil overtakes you, they rejoice at it. But if you remain patient and become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious — See V.2:2), not the least harm will their cunning do to you. Surely, Allaah surrounds all that they do”]
[Aal ‘Imraan]

This is a warning and reminder to you, that family member, and to myself, that Allah (God) is control of everything! Though you plot, God is the best of plotters. Fear God as He should be feared, and realize what you have been blessed with and be a man! Be honest, trustworthy, and humble in all that you do. Seek out God, through prayer and patience, and ask Him what is the right way. If you are sincere, he will show you. Remember that all of what you have can be taken in a split second, if He so desires. That is all.........

Thats my story and i'm sticking to it!.......
Joseph Sneed

No comments:

Post a Comment